RAINBOW MOUNTAIN & MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN - 3 DAYS
Regular Price: $336.00
Special Price $320.00
Book the Rainbow Mountain and the Machu Picchu 2-day tour by train at the best deal price on the internet! Flexible dates and daily departures. Entrance fees are also included in the price. Don't miss out.
You will be picked up from your accommodation at around 4.30/5.00 am and start making your way first to Arco (on the route to Puno) eventually getting to the Checacupe district (2 hour journey). Then we will continue to Pitumarca and a number of small villages till we reach the community of Hanchipata-Quesuno (another 1.5 hours). Here we will have a good breakfast and get ready to go. During our hike we will be able to enjoy the view of numerous mountains around as well as of the Ausangate glacier, and we will be able to witness up close the local wildlife and camelids in their natural environment. The trek lasts for about 3 hours until we get to the stunning landscape of Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountains). Here we will have about 45 minutes to relax and take amazing pictures of this natural wonder. We then hike back to the starting point of the trek and we will have a well-deserved lunch. We then return to Cusco arriving at approximately 19.00 (dropoff at San Francisco square). Entrance fee is also included in the price.
DAY 2 – Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Included / Not Included
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup (only central hotels)
- Entrance fee
- First aid kit (including a small oxygen tank)
Accommodation dropoff at the end of tour
Water and snacks
Waterproof jacket (recommended)
2. MACHU PICCHU 2-DAY TOUR BY TRAIN
- Transportation - Bus to/from Ollantaytambo/Cusco, train to/from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- 1 night accomodation in hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Guide - English and Spanish-speaking
- Hotel pickup
Travel insurance - recommended
Shuttle bus from/to Aguas Calientes to/from Machu Picchu
Sunglasses and sun cream
Food, meals or snacks or drinks
Tips for guide
Entrance to hot springs
- Important: this product does not include any accommodation in Cusco. The only overnight accommodation that is included in the price is the hostel in Aguas Calientes. We have arranged this in a way that our customers can choose their hotel in Cusco freely without feeling obliged to stay at on of our recommended accommodations.
- You can decide rent a horse if you don't feel like hiking all the way to Rainbow Mountain (approximately 30 USD - pay on site).
Tickets for climbing up to the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain must be booked in advance when booking Machu Picchu tickets. If you want to do either of these (you can only do one) you MUST book this at the same time and it cannot be added on later. Please make sure you check availability before booking these as there are limited spaces each day.
The site of Machu Picchu is at an altitude of 2400 meters so it is recommended that visitors should be a little acclimitised to best enjoy their visit. The walk up the hill to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes can be tiring for some but there is the option to take the bus for those who wish to for an additional cost.
- Original passport
- Strong footwear
- A bottle of water
- Rain gear - jacket + trousers or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Warm clothes
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical kit / supplies
- Extra cash