- 8.00 The group arrives at the meeting point. Loads the 4x4 vehicle ready.
- 8.30 Leave Rurre for Santa Rosa de Yacuma to meet the boat. 3 Hrs approx
- 12.30 -14.00 Lunch. Leave on the motor canoe to travel to the lodge. The journey is 3 or 4 hours and along the way your guide will point out many animals and birds for you to see. This is part of the tour and not just traveling – you will most likely see pink river dolphins, monkeys, turtles, caiman and many birds.
- 17.30 -18.00 Arrive at the lodge and be given refreshments. Afterwards the group decides where they want to go to watch sunset. The “sunset bar” is a popular choice and provides great views. Return to camp for the evening meal after which a night boat trip is optional for spotting nocturnal animals such as caimans and alligators.
- 7.30 to 8.00 Breakfast in the lodge
- 8.00 to 8.30am – Set off on a walk to the pampas to search small lagoons and wetlands for wildlife including anacondas and other snakes, There is some interesting plant life in the area and classic pampas views
- 12.30 to 1.00pm Lunch back at the lodge
- 13.30 approx - After lunch set off in the motor canoes looking for pink river dolphins (almost guaranteed!). The dolphins are very social and if you wish you can swim in this area and get up close with them. Return to camp for an afternoon siesta.
- 19.30 - 20.30 Evening meal is served (plenty of food!)
- 20.30-22.30 The rest of the evening is free time - maybe your guide will take you to the sunset bar again if your group wishes to go (not included so a tip would be nice!)
7.30 to 8.00 - Breakfast in the lodge
8.00 to 8.30 - Back onto the canoes again and a visit to small islands with forested areas to learn about the tropical forest. Some time is then spent fishing for piranha with chunks of meat. If you catch any you can have these cooked up with your lunch to try!
11.30 to12.30 - Lunch back at the lodge – maybe with fried piranha!
1.00 to 1.30 - Back on the boat for the return trip to Santa Rosa de Yacuma to meet with your jeep for the trip back to Rurrenabaque maybe spotting some more animals.
16.00 approx - Arrive back to Rurrenabaque