Cancellations & Refunds
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Please read our Cancellation and Refund Policy below. By making a booking you are excepting these conditions.
- If a tour or booking is cancelled or we could not confirm the booking then we will provide a full refund back to the original payment source via the Merchant Services processing system. The amount of time it takes to receive the refund is dependent on the payment method and provider. If you paid by Paypal then this will be instant, if you paid using a credit card then the time it takes to process depends on your credit card issuing bank but it is usually 3 -7 days.
We will also refund the 6.5% processing charge applied during the checkout process if the refund is made within 180 days of the received payment. All refunds after this period can only be made minus the 6.5% and only using Paypal "send money" payments or in cash in one of the La Paz offices. Refunds back to credit cards are not possible after the 180 day period. We cannot do international bank transfers. We do not have “Paypal Me” facility.
If you do not receive the refund within the specified times then please contact us and we can check the status of it. If the status is shown to be refunded and complete by the payments system (for both paypal and credit card payments) then you will need to contact your bank or paypal to investigate as that is not something we can do for you – we can only confirm that it was refunded, not if or why it has not arrived in your bank account, paypal account or back onto your card.
- If you cancel a tour, hotel or transport booking we will do our best to give you a full refund but will deduct any costs incurred by ourselves from the refund. These amounts depend on the tour/hotel/transport, the amount of notice given and the provider cancellation policy. We reserve the right to apply the following penalties at our own discretion in the event of a tour cancellation by a customer (this is in addition to any costs applied by operators):
- 30 days or more notice: 10% of total paid
- 7 days to 48 hours notice: 20% of total paid
- 48 hours to 24 hours notice: 30% of total paid
- Less than 24 hours notice: 100% of total paid
The above penalties (both applied by operators and / or ourselves) are designed to cover us in case we have booked service with third parties and would be liable for paying these third parties. We rarely apply these (additional) penalties and try to give a full refund whenever possible but in some cases we might decide to apply our penalties if we have encountered a significant amount of work. If you require further clarification or details for specific products or service please e-mail us and request prior to booking. Most product pages will include specific cancellation policy details for that product that will apply in all cases.
- Cancellations can only be processed during office hours but can be requested via e-mail. All processing times are calculated during our working hours only - i. e. if you email to cancel a tour the notice period is only calculated from the opening time of our offices and not from the time you sent the email. You must take this into account if using email for any cancellations or changes you wish to request.
- Should any penalty be applied and the cancellation was due to illness, family bereavement or other unavoidable circumstances we can provide a letter for insurance claim purposes upon request.
- For the safety of our customers we reserve the right to cancel trips at our discretion. In such cases a 100% refund will be given for tours.
- Kanootours.com or any of our representatives are not responsible for penalties applied by airlines and bus companies should you cancel or change your ticket.
- Kanootours.com or any of our representatives are not responsible for any fees applied by your bank or card issuer or any losses due to differences in exchange rates between original transaction date and date of refund.
- If tours are missed, cancelled or delayed due to weather conditions, civil protests, blockades, transport delays or political demonstrations or any other situations beyond our control, refunds will be at Kanoo Tours discretion and any penalties applied will be directly in proportion to Kanoo Tours costs or losses. If a tour operator does not refund we cannot refund you and you lose the amount they charge.
- Kanootours.com or any of our representatives are not responsible for any additional expenses that are incurred due to any problem, rescheduling, cancellation or other incident that might occur. For example, if a bus is cancelled and you have to stay an extra night in a city we take no responsibility for the expenses.